Water Heater Repair in Los Angeles
Licensed & Insured Experts Serving the San Fernando Valley
Homes and businesses throughout the San Fernando Valley area trust Tip Top Drain Pros & Plumbing Experts for professional water heater services at affordable prices. If you're looking for a local plumbing company to help you troubleshoot an annoying water heater issue, we're always available to help. Our LA technicians are highly trained experts that come prepared to every job with the skills, tools, and equipment to resolve any hot water issue.
Trust Tip Top Drain Pros & Plumbing Experts to repair and install your water heater. Call (833) 207-0817 to request a service appointment or contact us online.
Los Angeles Water Heater Repair
When it comes time to find a water heater repair company, it’s important to look for one that has a strong reputation and a proven track record. At Tip Top Drain Pros & Plumbing Experts, we have the experience and expertise that most hot water heater contractors lack, and we want to pass them along to you. Our water heater repair technicians can resolve all types of common issues, from leaks and weird noises to a complete loss of hot water. We can also help you address a variety of problems caused by the hard water our plumbers have here in Southern California, including kettling noises from your hot water tank, reduced energy efficiency, and insufficient hot water.
Signs of Water Heater Malfunction
When your water heater needs to be serviced or replaced, you’ll usually notice certain signs before it stops producing hot water altogether. These signs include:
- Loud rumbling or knocking during operation
- Pooling water around the base of the tank
- Water takes a long time to heat up
- Water is too hot or not hot enough
- Hot water smells bad and/or appears rust-colored
- Your monthly energy bills have spiked for no apparent reason
Common Reasons Why Your Water Is Not Hot
Finding no hot water when you most need it is an unpleasant and annoying experience. Washing the dishes or taking a shower with frigid water is hardly something most homeowners want to do!
Here are a few reasons why your hot water may only be lukewarm at best:
- Leaks - If there is no water in your tank, there’s no water to warm up! Take a look at the connections between the water heater, pipes, and valves to see if there are any signs of leakage. A leak could also cause water damage to your home and should be taken care of quickly by a plumbing professional.
There is also a possibility that your water heater has a natural gas leak. Gas leaks are serious and should be treated as an emergency. If you suspect you have a gas leak, contact your gas company as soon as possible.
- Electric Malfunction - An electric water heater uses electricity to warm up your water. It's possible that the circuit tripped. Check the circuit breaker and turn the switch back on. This should reset the connection and get your water back to the perfect temperature.
- Faulty Thermostat - A faulty thermostat could cause more than just no hot water, it could also make your water too hot! If this happens, check the upper thermostat. A broken thermostat will provide the wrong read and throw off the heating element. A lack of regular maintenance could cause this to happen, so be sure to schedule maintenance appointments with your plumber to keep the hot water flowing!
Who Fixes Water Heaters?
Is your water heater acting up? Should you DIY it? Can a neighborhood handyman repair it? Should you call a plumber or an electrician?
If your water heater is in need of repair, the best way to go is with licensed and insured water heater plumbers at Tip Top Drain Pros & Plumbing Experts. Any professional from our team can take a look at your water heater and ensure that the repair is done properly. No need to call us again the next day -- we’ll respond promptly and can finish most jobs within the same day.
Working with licensed professionals means preventing further damage to your home and ensuring that your family stays safe. No need to DIY or stress about not knowing what you’re doing or if you’re buying the right parts. Our water heater repair experts in Los Angeles at Tip Top Drain Pros & Plumbing Experts can handle it for you!
- Related: Can Water Heaters Explode?
Water Heater Replacement in Los Angeles
At some point, it will be time for hot water heater replacement, and while that makes many homeowners cringe, it doesn’t need to. While it is a significant investment, new water heater will be more energy efficient, saving you money in the long run. You'll also benefit from more reliable performance and fewer repair bills.
If the time has come to replace your water heater, we encourage you to consider a tankless water heater. Tankless water heaters provide a number of advantages over conventional hot water storage tank systems, including longer service life, better energy efficiency, and best of all, endless hot water on demand. Give us a call to learn more and to see if a tankless water heater is the right choice for your household's hot water needs.
Water Heater Maintenance in Los Angeles
Just like any mechanical system, water heaters should be periodically maintained to keep them in good working order. Especially in areas like Los Angeles where our water supply contains a high amount of minerals, it's important to have your water heater flushed at least once per year to keep sediment from building up inside of your water heater. Sediment buildup from hard water can greatly diminish your appliance's ability to function and can lead to corrosion that will hasten the day that you'll have to buy a new water heater. For professional water heater maintenance in the San Fernando Valley and the surrounding communities, call Tip Top today.
At the first sign of water heater problems, give our plumbers a call. We’re standing by at (833) 207-0817.
“Found it, fixed it, and charged a very reasonable price.” - William S.